- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of beer (Lager)
- 1 quart of prepared Mrs.Wages® Dill Pickle Mix, using Mrs. Wages® Xtra Crunch Calcium Chloride Granules
- Heat vegetable or peanut oil in a large Dutch oven to 375° F. While oil is heating, prepare your batter by slowly whisking two cups of beer into 2 cups of flour in a large bowl until batter thoroughly mixed. There will be slight foaming in the batter, but this will dissipate as your batter gets smooth.
- Remove pickles from your jar and pat them with a paper towel. Dip the pickles in the prepared batter, making sure the wipe the excess batter off.
- Cook your pickles in the preheated oil until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite dip.
Mrs. Wages Safety notes:
For canning safety, always consider your local altitude when calculating accurate processing times. Read this USDA guide for proper food safety and canning processing guidelines or consult the National Center for Home Food Preservation’ Guide 1 Principles of Home Canning. Also, prepare and process home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer’s instructions for sterilized jars. Keep jars hot.
Unless otherwise noted, user-submitted recipes have not been tested by the Mrs. Wages' test kitchen and are not endorsed by the Mrs. Wages® brand or by KPFG. For more information, please read the legal notice.